What to do if you have a Flood Claim:
- Call our claims department as soon as you discover the loss in order that we may report the claim immediately to your insurance carrier.
- If possible, photograph the outside of the premises, showing any damage or flooding. Also, photograph the inside of the premises, showing the damaged property and the height of the water .
- Separate the damaged from the undamaged property and put it in the best possible order for the insurance adjuster’s examination. If reasonably possible, protect the property from further damage.
- Damaged property which presents a health hazard or which may hamper local clean-up operations should be disposed of. Be sure to adequately describe and photograph discarded items so that, when the adjuster examines your losses and your records, these article are included in the documentation.
- Good records speed up settlement of your claim. Compile a room-by-room inventory of damaged goods, and include manufacturer’s names, dates and places of purchases, and prices. Try to locate receipts or proofs of purchase, especially for major appliances, and note manufacturers’ names, serial numbers, prices, and dates of purchase.
Check the Status of your Claim Payment
Remember to have your policy number handy before you call.
National Flood Service (NFS) 800-759-8656
National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) 800-638-6620
Fidelity National 800-725-9472
Flood Frequently Asked Questions
If you are affected by flooding and are in need of clean up information, helpful tips can be found on the following web sites: